By Jacob David
If you are planning to sell your home, there are 6 things you need to do before you list your home for sale.
- Have an open discussion with your family about selling the home, get everyone mentally ready. Everyone is going to do their part to keep the home neat and clean. Assign tasks and responsibilities as needed.
- Hire a home inspector, get a detailed report, find out existing defects and have them repaired. This will help you to avoid unwanted surprises. Plus this guarantees that the home will pass the buyer’s inspection, reducing the time needed for the actual sale.
- De-clutter the home, pack unwanted things in boxes, label them, and move them to storage. Declutter your garage as well.
- Study the market, see possible home sales preferably in your neighborhood, and zip code.
- Vacuum your home once in two weeks, clean bathrooms, and kitchen. Keep the home clean at all times. Air out the home once a week. Make sure the home smells clean.
- Start interviewing agents who can possibly list your home on time, with your best interests at heart.
If you are planning to sell your home in the next 3 to 6 months, give me a call @ 281-546-8433. I offer a FREE, no-obligation home analysis.